Thursday, November 24, 2011

I'm Thankful And Fearful For Our Country

I'm thankful for the blessings of liberty and freedom. At the same time I'm fearful where we're headed. So, my prayer today is twofold. It's partly of gratitude for where/when I live and the blessings derived from that, especially the opportunity to worship God as I please and for my sweet wife and three kids. It's also partly for freedom to prevail over the winds of progressive change for the worse.

To understand what I mean by the latter part of my prayer read this:
http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/283326/what-constitutional-conservatism-yuval-levin

One thing that's odd about what Mr. Levin says is that pretty much all people from other countries 'get it' (about our liberty and freedom) better than most of us Americans. We should be alarmed at these winds of change that will blow us in directions that are SO not good for the cause of freedom here. Too many Americans don't understand the consequences of these changes or what's at stake.

So, my followup prayer is for Americans to wake up ... thank God Almighty for our blessings and smell the flowers of liberty that our founders sewed for us.

No comments: