Tuesday, June 9, 2009

I'm Baaaaaccckk!



Chris and I had a good time together last week camping in the McCloud CA area (@ Fowler Campground). He arrived late Sunday and left late Thursday. I had been worried about the weather but it was perfect while he was there. Stiffling hot the week before and rained each day after he left (until I got fed up with it and returned home Saturday, 2 days early). Fishing wasn't the best but it wasn't too bad. Chris caught quite a few more than I did and caught the biggest (pic above). I claimed one record ... catching the smallest. (That's all good with me!)

We also played rummy (he's the champ this time around, handily winning 2 of 3 games), took in some sights, BBQ'd steaks one night (with baked beans & potato baked in foil on the coals), cooked hot sausages over the fire pit another night, and Chris roasted marshmallows for smores. Saw some wildlife, including mule deer all over the place and even a bear. We made some new memories and had a good time together.

Next 'adventures' for me will be a camping trip or two with my sweetheart and one with my other son, Matt, in mid-September. Looking forward to it all!

No comments: