Saturday, July 10, 2010

I'm Blessed By Family


(Left to right: myself, Chris, Matt, Heather, and Karen)
Karen and I drove to Coeur d' Alene ID last week to spend July 4th and my birthday (the 5th) with our youngest son, Matt, and his wife, Heather. I always enjoy time with my family and was looking forward to a little 'pampering' along with some fun time.

As good as I thought it would be, I got more than I bargained for! A couple days after we arrived I was chilling in their livingroom and answered a knock at their door (they were supposedly off shopping) and there stood oldest son Chris! He flew in from San Jose to join the festivities. There are surprises that really aren't surprises but this one was a winner for sure. Never been more surprised. SCORE! Way to go guys!

Matt and Heather made us so comfortable in their new home of one year ... wonderful hosts indeed! Heather made some of my favorite food. On my bday Matt made french toast for breakfast and Chris bbq'd our steak dinner. They gave me a dinosaur(!) bday cake! Love their sense of humor. All Karen and I were allowed to do our whole stay there was enjoy ourselves. Sweet kids those!

And as for my wife of 38 years, thanks for arranging this. The bday was, indeed, special but the best gift to me was having the family together cause I love you all so much. Thank you for your love and support, Hon!

No comments: