Monday, August 24, 2009



Next month Matt and I will be getting together for some 'man time'. There are lots of reasons I'm looking forward to it, the primary one being that we two have not had many opportunities to do things together over the years. In fact I've never taken him on a fly fishing float trip for just the two of us so that's what we'll be doing for two days on the Mighty Missouri. We'll be camping too so that'll be fun. I'll have the trailer/campsite all set up for his arrival so he can just plop and relax.

As I commented earlier in the year about this planned trip, fishing isn't the point of this get-together although I hope it adds some fun to it. Time with Matt is its own reward regardless what we're doing.

Life for Matt and his sweet wife, Heather, has settled down considerably. Matt has a really good job now and Heather just started her first full-time job since graduating with her Master's Degree about three months ago. And they bought their first house last month. These two vagabonds are putting down roots now and they're near enough (more permanently) that we can do more together.

A couple of weeks before Matt and I take off on our fishing trip, he and Heather (with pup Johnny Cash in tow) will join Karen and me for a couple days of camping. That'll be so fun too! Family time together is way cool!

No comments: