Friday, May 22, 2009

Ready For My Fishing Trip With Son Chris

Plans are firm now and the date is fast approaching when Chris and I will do some fly fishing together. I'm leaving with the trailer Monday (May 25th) and will be looking for a good campground in the Shasta CA area. It'll be about a 4.5 hour trip for me I think.

Chris plans to join me on Sunday, May 31st, and return home on June 4th. The only thing certain about our fishing plans is guided fly fishing on the Upper Sacramento River May 2nd. The rest of our time together will be spent hanging out and fishing whenever/wherever we feel like at the time.

By arriving several days before Chris I'll be able to find a good campground and get a campsite set up for us. Then I'll spend several days getting familiar with where and how to fish the many good rivers in the Shasta area, hopefully getting in some quality fishing time by myself.

According to current reports, Shasta area rivers are beginning to clear up now and will be getting low enough to fish well around the time I arrive but may not be their best until about the time Chris arrives. I may stick around a few days after Chris leaves, especially if the rivers haven't lowered enough and bug hatches haven't developed well enough to provide me with some good fishing the days I'm there before Chris arrives.

Chris' last day of school work was today. It's been a challenging semester for him in the Music Ed Program at San Jose State so I know he's more than ready for some fun time throwing some flies at trout. I'm certainly ready ... it's been a long, cold winter and I'm hankerin' for some decent fishing. Whether we catch many fish (although I expect we will!) it'll be a good time together.

No comments: